Are there any programs I can sign up for that will help me ?

4

I'd like to program and design my own video games #computer-software #technology #computer-engineer #3d-graphics

4

Matias’s Answer

1

You can use Unity3D. You must know Object Oriented Programming, and C# or JavaScript.

http://unity3d.com/

1

Alexandre Luís’s Answer

1

Hi, Unity3D is great. But we are cryengine.com which is very good. Do not forget the Unreal.
IN fact, it all depends on what kind of game you want to do. If you're an adventure game or FPS, for example. It is also important to know if you develop a 2D or 3D game.

Ideally a little research on each engine. And something that is good to point out how much you want to provide time to learn and, and make the game. Lenve in consideration that one day you may need to serve many users. Then comes performance, and in this case recomento C ++ and OpenGL.

Please search for long before you start.

I am available,
Alexandre Luís Rigotti

1

Rick’s Answer

1

You may want to look into a school called the DigiPen Institute of Technology (or just "DigiPen"). My daughter was also looking into the gaming industry and a number of folks recommended them to her. It is an expensive option, but seems to come highly recommended.

1

Brian’s Answer

0

You might also look at your local community college. We live near the headquarters of Blizzard and the local community college has a fabulous program for game design, production, program management, etc. My son is currently enrolled in this program and the connections are nearly as valuable as the education. He is hoping to land a summer internship and a number of industry folks are helping him land one.

I also agree & support Matias' suggestions above with regards to Unity3D with expertise in OOP with both C# (or similar) plus JavaScript knowledge.

Good luck with your endeavor.

0

Mary’s Answer

0

Hi Vanessa, you can also look at the online courses at Coursera .org. There's a beginning class using C# starting May 23rd https://www.coursera.org/learn/game-programming

Thank you very much. I was looking for somewhere to learn about programming online. Khan Academy is ok but I was looking for something else. Adetunji A.
Thank you , I really appreciate the help !! I'll be sure to try all of your suggestions. :) Vanessa L.
0