If I want to research medicine, what should I major and minor in during college?

2

I have always figured it would be chemistry, but would any certain type (medicinal-chemistry, biochemistry, ect) or different subject be better? #science #research

2

VGG-Consulting’s Answer

0
As Vernon Turner pointed out, you will need to narrow down the type of your future research a bit... Then it will be easy to see what should be the major and minor... For example, biophysics will need more physics than usual, but usually in medicine it is human biology and chemistry ... Another way to figure it out is to ask what major and minor programs are available in the universities around you or the one you are interested in ...
#science #research #medicine #double-major
0

Vernon’s Answer

0

Well, most pre-med curricula will give you all the chemistry you need. Clearly, you will be headed for a Ph.D., so take your time in deciding what sort of "research" you intend to do. You will also want to consider getting an MD as well or separately.

0