This question is for lawyers, Do you see the same types of cases again and again?

Is there variety in the type of work that you do? #law #lawyer

3

It is very helpful to have cases that come in that are similar. That is why attorneys specialize in areas. My wife is a bankruptcy attorney . The longer you do one field, the better of an attorney you become. Then you can do Continuing Legal Education in that same area. No two cases are exactly the same though! She still has to research. She said it is like a puzzle every day.

1

Sneha’s Answer

I agreed with Richard here that similar matters do make our job easier. However, every case, question, query, etc. has so many different variables that as a lawyer, it is imperative you do your research. As an in-house counsel though, my job becomes slightly easier as questions for me tend to be linked in some way or fall within a particular set.

1

Edward’s Answer

No, Jessica. Every lawsuit, every contract, every transaction and yes, every bankruptcy, involves different people, businesses, industries and topics. So no two cases are really alike. In every transaction, I learn a great deal I didn't know before!

0