What are some possible future careers?

Asked San Diego, California

Hi, I am currently a sophomore in high school. I have been wondering why everyone always talks about the jobs of the future and that they need to prepare us for these jobs. I was just wondering what would be a possible job in the future because I have no idea what jobs would be valued more in the future. Responses are greatly appreciated. #career #future

Jared’s Answer

Updated Palo Alto, California

Hi Forrest. There's a great organization working on identifying where demand for employees will be in the future. They're called Jobs For The Future and they say that engineering and computer science should be highly-demanded skills that employers will want to see in the future. Here's a link to their website: http://www.jff.org/blog/2014/02/24/reimagining-career-and-technical-education

But those aren't the only possible future careers. There are all kinds of changes taking place in the business world, and they'll open up new possibilities. For example, you could look at the huge changes taking place in genomics and decide that getting into biology might be an attractive career path.

Thanks for the advice.

Roland’s Answer

What are you most

passionate about. There is a job that fits every passion. I love technology and helping people this is why I chose Verizon and a sales job. Everyday I have the pleasure of assisting other make there lives easier and more efficient by developing a solution through our products that best suit their needs. You can too? What do you love?