How can I make sexual health education into a career?

I'm a current senior in college, and I'm going to graduate in the spring with a major in Human Biology and a concentration in human reproduction and sexuality. I know plenty of people who educate others on sexual health, but that is just a small part of their job. I want my job to be predominantly sexual health education, and potentially research. #public-health #sexual-health #education #human-biology #counseling #health

3

Phoebe’s Answer

Meredith, I believe you are in the right track. In order to be best equipped, a degree in health education or human sexuality will give you a jumpstart. Other areas that can help you spice up include Biology which you have majored, Psychology, Communication skills, Nursing among others.
These are also competencies that you can build up on as you gear towards becoming a sexual health educator. You must have a knack for educating others around sensitive topics, must be comfortable in public speaking and be open minded on matters to do with cultural beliefs, opinions and different views of life.

Thank you so much! It feels good to hear that you think I'm on the right track. I'm doing my best right now to build up confidence in public speaking! Meredith G.

1

Mosammot saima sadia’s Answer

You are in right track with your interest . You can go for public health later after graduation there have both opportunities that you are looking for .

0

Sithabiso’s Answer

You are on the right track with your interest in Biology. You can do a degree in health education .

Some nurses have gone on to be health educators.

0