What is a day like for a lawyer that is also an athlete?

#sports#lawyer #law #law-school

3

Jonathan’s Answer

I don’t know of any athlete who is simultaneously an athlete. If they are a pro athlete then they will be an athlete because a pro athlete just makes way more than the average lawyer. You will see more athlete or former athlete as agents or a part of a sports snag emend company. However I don’t think there are so many athletes compared to non athletes in sports. I played high school sports and cheered in college I worked on legal matters involving sports with law yer who knew nothing about sports. Former and current commissioners of sports are former lawyer who probably didn’t play sports at a high level. See David Stern, Paul Tagliabue, Roger Goodell. The only athletes that I knew were also lawyers was a judge that was a former Miami Dolphin and Nick Buonconti who practiced law during the offseason

0

Glenn’s Answer

I have encountered several amateur athletes who practice law, such a marathon runners. The old saying that "the law is a harsh mistress" is true. So, it takes tremendous sacrifice and commitment to train as an athlete while still devoting oneself to the full-time practice of the law, especially as a new attorney. It can be done. But do not underestimate the great personal cost you will pay. You will have little, if any, time for anything other than training and practicing law.

0

Ernest’s Answer

Many athletes who opt to attend law school and become lawyers focus on the field of sports law. While this career path can take many forms, you often see lawyers operating in roles such as sports agent and sports management of high profile athletes. Having experience as an athelete is tremendously beneficial if you decide to practice sports law as it will help you better understand the needs of your clients.

0