How much do computer scientist get paid hourly?

6

Sheila’s Answer

Hello Andrei:

You've received some great answers from previous posters. I'd like to add that I checked with ZipRecruiter and here's what I found out.

As of Oct 22, 2020, the average hourly pay for a Computer Science in the United States is $33.69 an hour.

While ZipRecruiter is seeing hourly wages as high as $68.03 and as low as $9.86, the majority of Computer Science wages currently range between $20.67 (25th percentile) to $48.08 (75th percentile) across the United States. The average pay range for a Computer Science varies greatly (by as much as $27.40), which suggests there may be many opportunities for advancement and increased pay based on skill level, location and years of experience.

I hope this was helpful. Good luck to you!

~ Sheila

Sheila recommends the following next steps:

ZipRecruiter • https://www.ziprecruiter.com/Salaries/Computer-Science-Salary-per-Hour

0

Maryam’s Answer

Hi Andrei,

An hourly pay for a computer scientist is dependent on a few factors:
- Years of experience
- Location
- Needed skillset & speciality

So, given the above you can look at average salaries on websites such as glassdoor.com (self reported salaries by employees) or careerexplorer.com to get an idea of salaries by seniority, role, and region.

-Maryam

Maryam recommends the following next steps:

careerexplorer.com: https://www.careerexplorer.com/careers/software-engineer/salary/michigan/

0

Kevin’s Answer

It really depends on the specific skills sets one has and the demand for a given city or geographical area one lives in. Computer scientists/engineers can start easily in the $60K-$70K range coming out of college in large metropolitan cities and over time can make easily make six figure salaries.

0

Vikram’s Answer

Hi , the scientists get paid anywhere between 35 to 50 USD per hour based on the city that they work.

Thanks,

Vikram

0

Mark Eagle’s Answer

The pay varies on the actual job, your location, the company you choose to work for. Where I am located, it is rare to see the term computer scientist advertised for. To determine the answer you are looking for, you need to define the job (developer, software architect, data engineer etc.). These also determine the level of education you need to obtain the job.

Mark Eagle recommends the following next steps:

To get the best idea of salaries in your area, contact a recuriter or two in your location. Most of them will have a salary survey guidebook to give you market figures

0

Anup’s Answer

Hello - It is definitely a growing field. I've seen data scientists team open up and grow in my company. As far as the pay is concerned, it depends on your education, expertise and experience. The average data scientist can easily make 100k.

Thanks,
Anup

0