What does it take for me to be a basketball player?

Of course I know how to play the game of basketball, I've just been scared to express myself and get physical with other players. You can say that I am scared in a way. I play amazing in front of my friends but, with people I be scared and crazy nervous. I want to learn how to express myself on and off the court. #professional-sports, #basketball

2

Lisa’s Answer

Confidence plays a HUGE part in competitive sports.

Do you play on your school team or an AAU team? That is really where you start to build confidence in your skills.
The stronger you get, the less you will fear the physicality of the sport. My son plays basketball and when he realized he was just as strong as many of the other boys on the court, he began to play much more aggressively.

If you are serious about playing basketball, you have to take the steps to train, play on a team, practice on your own, learn the intricacies of the game, master the basics, take care of your body (eat properly and work-out (that includes lifting weights)). Being an elite athlete requires a great deal of sacrifice. If you really want it, go for it but understand, it requires a lot of work. As do most things worth having.

Good luck to you!

0

Hi,

I recommend you train, hit the gym, and get stronger. You should play with your friends and with other kids. Try being physical playing with other kids at a park. The more you try to be physical with other kids in a non competitive place like a park you will gain more confidence.

Keep trying. You will get mire confident. Over time you won't have to think about this anymore. It will be natural

0