Keerthana M.

1096

20

How is the English language important to my life?

Hi,

I understand that you want to know how important is "English" language for your life... I guess below information should help you understand the same -

English may not be the most spoken language in the world, but it is the official language in a large number of countries. It is estimated that the number of people in the world that use in English to communicate on a regular basis is 2 billion!

English plays an important role in our everyday life. There is great utility of English in modern world.

Students who want to go abroad for education will have learn to English well. If their command over English is poor, then they may face difficulty in adjusting with the alien environment.

Below link will help you figure few simple steps in How to improve English -

http://www.wikihow.com/Learn-English

All the best, do well.

Regards, Archana Jain

Last updated Jun 09 '16 at 02:42

2 comments

Hi Keerthana, Yes, speaking, reading and writing English will be the official language in the United States and throughout the world. I would suggest learning it, but be prepared to memorize all the words because so much of it comes from all over the world. No rules for spelling or pronunciation will be valid for every word. Best wishes.

Last updated Oct 24 '16 at 20:36

Hi Keerthana, That is an excellent question! As mentioned earlier, more than 2 billion people speak English as a first, second, or even third language (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2015/04/23/the-worlds-languages-in-7-maps-and-charts/?utm_term=.6d4ed806e505). That's almost 1/3 of the planet! English is used in many ways, such as education, work, travel and even gaming and technology. (I teach English as a Second Language and I have had students tell me that they learned a lot of English through gaming!) Moreover, being in India, you already know the importance of English and how being fluent and having a strong command will be helpful in school and in the workplace. I strongly encourage you to take classes, read, write, speak and practice listening of English to continue to improve and perfect it. Let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to help you out!
Last updated Sep 15 '17 at 09:23

Schools Add a schools