What is the best way to get into software engineering?

I am in 10th grade and have some experience with software engineering. What would be the best way to get into it full time?

#technology #engineering #software

5

Charlie’s Answer

Taking a programming class in high school if the elective is offered is a great start. If this isn't an option, there are resources online or available in a bookstore such as Barnes & Noble, many of which have hands on programming exercises where you have the opportunity to experience first hand, software engineering. In college, start out with an Intro to Computer Science or Programming class. Also, try taking a few different type of courses while in school, and not let a single class change your mind. I remember my very first programming class seemed so dull that I almost changed my career path, and am glad I gave a couple more classes a chance.

1

Deepak’s Answer

Jayson,

Adding on to what Charlie said, today thanks to the maturity of the Internet, we have online learning platforms such as Coursera, EdX, Udacity and others, where you can take individual Computer Science/Programming courses, or even specialize in a series of courses and earn a certificate for a small cost. This would give you a sample of what you'll learn when you get to College.

If you're planning on going to college, then I'd go with Charlie's recommendation and enroll in introductory Computer Science/Computer Engineering classes and degrees.

All the very best in your educational aspirations!

0

Vineeth’s Answer

Explore on your own
Pursue a technical degree or software engineering courses
Practice your coding skills
Create projects and samples of your skills on a development platform
Get certified
Be ready and willing to teach yourself new things
Practice your coding skills some more

Hope this Helps

0