There is a wide variety of Financial Certifications. While I, as everyone else has also stated, would recommend studying for the CFA exams and passing them, there are a multitude of other certifications you can get.
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
- Certified Fund Specialist (CFS)
- Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC)
- Charter Investment Counselor (CIC)
- Certified Investment Management Analyst (CIMA)
- Chartered Market Technician (CMT)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Personal Financial Specialist (PFS)
- Chartered life Underwriter (CLU)
I would recommend researching a couple of job requirements for the type of career you are looking to have and find out which of the above stated certifications would help you get the position. I know that having multiple wouldn't hurt, but it is almost never necessary.