How do I start my first video on youtube so that I can become big.

I am 11 and I am hoping to start a youtube channel soon but I don't know how to start my first vid. Can yall help me?
#computer #youtube #video-production #success

5

Simeon’s Answer

I'd start with big ideas and use a venn diagram, which is just two circles that share a third space between them. In one circle, put all of your interests and hobbies. In the other circle, write some topics that are popular and getting lots of attention right now. Try to look for topics that are shared between the two circles. You'll want to create videos that are related to those topics. If possible, I would start early and look for tips on video editing. If you are looking to do well on Youtube long-term, video editing will be one of the most important skills you can pick up.

Also, since you are looking to get started early enough, I would recommend trying to start multiple different channels that each have a unique and different flavor/identity and see which ones pick up steam. If you have channels that are not succeeding, I would recommend deleting the ones that are dying off and starting off new experiments to take their place. It's hard to know which videos will succeed until you try. You'll want to read all of the comments and respond to comments on your videos. Anything you can do to increase engagement on your videos will be important. Plus, Youtube will be more likely to recommend your videos to other people as you increase comments on your videos. Also, finding other Youtubers who are willing to point people to your videos will be important and they will likely want you to do the same for them in return.

If you do end up getting a successful following on Youtube, you will want to find a messaging service such as Discord where you can have a group chat going on with people who have connected with your videos. The most important key to building a Youtube channel is building a community of viewers that are excited about your content. Only then will you be able to get a following of people invested enough in your videos to financially contribute, which would likely occur through Patreon.

Thank you. Elise J.

0

Mae’s Answer

https://www.wix.com/blog/2017/03/how-to-start-a-successful-youtube-channel-for-your-business/
This has some basic information about making video content. I would recommend doing videos on your favorite subject. You will need to make a lot of videos but the traffic will slowly increase.

0

Anthony’s Answer

Hey Elise,

It is going to take some time to grow your following. Think about what content you want to put on YouTube. Many people post about their lives, do comedy sketches, a day in their lives, etc.

Here is a link of some videos to look at on YouTube for beginners - https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=starting+a+youtube+channel+for+beginners

Hope that helps.

Thanks, Anthony. Elise J.

0

Steward "Tony"’s Answer

As a former TV/Video producer, I am fascinated with technology and what it has come to. You are "11" and what a great effort for you at that age to explore the media game in all it's glory (just use caution). YouTube has it's own training in your account back office as well as every videographer who posts their vids on the platform.

Each platform is different, but hooking up with other young videographers, as you are, will more than likely be a better exchange of information for you. Make it fun, and dont be afraid to make mistakes.

Every dislike, brings you closer to a like! Ha Ha (So get used to it, but pay your dues)

Remember: There is no "WIN OR LOSE" just "WIN OR LEARN"
Shoot what you enjoy and you will build a following, add a merch link of stuff you created and just be ELEVEN! Dont grow up too fast!

Hey Steward, do you have any specific advice on how this student could go about creating their first video? It would better help answer their question Gurpreet Lally

0