Should I get a job during the school year?

I want the money from having a job, but I'm worried that I couldn't fit one in. I'm taking 3 AP classes and I normally have As and Bs and I'm also part of the cross country and track teams, do you think I could handle adding a part-time in? #job #high-school #time-management

4

abhi’s Answer

There are different schools of thought on whether teenagers should have part-time jobs, but I find that the pros easily outweigh any cons. A teenager who works long hours every day after school could see his or her schoolwork suffer, but a less-intensive part-time job can be a wonderful learning experience. If kids can get to school on time, maintain solid grades, and participate in school activities, part-time jobs in high school can be beneficial to their success.

Thank you for your answer, If I can find a job, I'll attempt to do it during an upcoming year. Quinton Q.

1

A job while you are in school is an excellent idea as long as it doesn't interfere with your grades. Colleges like well rounded candidates. You have the extracurricular activities, good grades down and being able to say you're working part time to save for college expenses will look good on your applications. My HS experience was just like you described. In my Junior and Senior years, I was able to get a job on Saturdays. It required discipline and focus juggling all of that but it can be done. I did it and was able to graduate at the top of my HS class. I believe you can do it too. Just remember, grades come first, sports second and job third. Colleges will like that and you will like the extra cash. If grades suffer, cut back on hours worked

0

If you do, you will need to focus on time-management. <span style="background-color: transparent;">You have to set a routine for yourself and stick to it for the most part. Once you get into the groove of a routine it will be much easier for you to manage your time and have enough time for everything you need to do (including relaxing). Make yourself to-do lists on a weekly basis, use Google calendar or a planner to keep track of events, deadlines, and due dates. In addition to setting a routine and sticking to it, plan out relaxing activities into your day. Or set aside a time, after everything is done for the day, that you can have "me" time. I have also personally found it essential to not only find time for myself but also make use of that time in a way that is best for me and my holistic wellness. I have found the HeadSpace app to be an essential tool in helping me relax and generally feel more relaxed throughout the day, Guided meditation, even if you have a busy schedule, will make you feel more at ease and relaxed throughout the day as a whole (not just when you have the time to relax and focus on that "me" time).</span>

<span style="background-color: transparent;">Set a routine.Use Google Calendar.Set aside Me TimeWrite weekly to-do lists and use a planner.Find a peaceful and restful activity that will help you feel relaxed.</span>

0