Does the people you deal with hard to deal?

Does the people you deal with in your job hard to deal?
#audit #accounting

11

Darren’s Answer

Hello Jieming,

If you ask most employees at the big 4 what their favorite part about what their job is, 98% of them will say the people. You will build strong relationships with the people you work with and they will become your friends and part of your network. The people all want you to succeed and will help you get where you want to go.

2

Raphael’s Answer

Many excellent responses here and I would add that there are books like "Working with Difficult People" that provide tools/knowledge to help because inevitably we all will interact with difficult people. This book and other books will provide information on both why a person may be difficult and how one can navigate successfully to accomplish your work goals while maintaining your happiness. I use to lose sleep over situations and interaction but came to understand often difficult people actions are not personal or at least not to them. With this understanding I could better keep my composure and not let their negative attitudes impact me as it has previously. Fortunately where I work we have great staff so it is a very rare occurrence but being prepared will help in and out of the workplace.

Raphael recommends the following next steps:

Find and read a book on working with difficult people
Saved!
When faced with a difficult person remember and utilize your learnings
Saved!

1

Christel’s Answer

The audit field, specially if you work for a Big 4, will allow you a huge exposure. You will work with the best brains in the market, you will be exposed individuals working on processes and controls with some of the largest and most prestigious businesses . You will have a significant development and growth opportunities, it is a CV boost. You get to work with people of diverse cultures, you will always get opportunities to network with your colleagues. The best aspect about working in auditing is the people. your coworkers are highly intelligent, motivated, caring, considerate, supportive, and willing to step in to help. most people are friendly ones. The clients are most of the times very respectful and professional. The experience is full of Pros.
However nothing is perfect, with this field comes alot of pressure and pressure affects the reactions and attitude of the people you are working with. However your soft skills will help you in coping with all situations and all types of personalities.

0

Sophia’s Answer

I love working with my audit team! One of my favorite parts about working for my company is that everyone I work with is bright, motivated, and hard-working (honestly!). I think the people I work with make my job much easier/better. As a first year associate I have a lot to learn, and I feel those above me truly care about my development and fostering a friendly and supportive team environment.

0

Michel’s Answer

Like every human in life, there's people that are easy to deal with and people that are well not so easy. At the end of the day most of the customers want to see the project succeed, so they try their best to make your life easier. Actually with the experience, you get closer to them and grow relationships. There are minor customers in some areas that deal with the concept of "I pay for you", these are probably the hardest to deal with but with experience you manage to win them and deliver the best service. When they trust you, they rather turn into easy wins.

0

KAYLA’s Answer

The best way to enter each day is with a positive attitude and a perspective that people, for the most part, have good intentions. It sets you up to bring the best part of you to each situation and each person you interact with. There will always be times that personalities, opinions or views differ and I would look at those as opportunities for growth and learning instead of something you have to deal with. Each person you interact with both personally and professionally is an opportunity to hear a new story and find shared experiences - I would think of tougher situations in that light and hopefully it helps bring an open mind to conversations!

0

N’s Answer

Before joining my company, I asked one of the employees the following:
me: what do you like best at your job?
him: the people
me: How about what you like least at your job?
him: the people
Bottom line, yes it is hard to deal with people, but also a blessing to work with others!

0

Layal’s Answer

They are not hard to deal with in most of the cases. You will be able to build trust with them and work with them in a professional manner. However, there maybe difficult situations that you will encounter at work and you have to be very smart not to be spontaneous nor irrational. On the contrary - think and reflect before you take your next step.

0

Simeon’s Answer

I've found when people are a part of a company under audit, they can often feel defensive because they feel as if they themselves are being questioned or in trouble. It's important to keep clarifying as an auditor that you trust them and that you're there to work collaboratively on seeing how the company is doing. Very rarely has any individual person messed up significantly and it's helpful to convey that as clearly as possible.

0

Rani Pramela’s Answer

Remember, no two individuals are the same! Focus on positive people around you and what you can learn from them. As much as possible, try to help others when asked. Believe me, one small help you do, may work wonders for you later.

0

Susana’s Answer

Throughout your career, you will find all types of people - some friendly and some not so friendly, but for the most part, most people are nice to work with. I think its important to realize that you can't control what others do, so you do your best to be a nice and collaborative professional.

0

Alvina’s Answer

There are people that are very easy to work with and there are those that are challenging. As auditors, we need to learn to adapt to different types of personalities, whether within our team or with the client. We have to remember that the people with work with are also HUMAN. If we encounter someone difficult, we have to think that they might be having a bad day or are just dealing with something.

Don't take things personal if you have to deal with someone difficult. Always be professional no matter what.

0