How do I get started in the production industry- specifically film?

I am a high schooler and I'm extremely interested in film and television. I know it's what I want to pursue when I'm older. I like the behind the scenes jobs and I think I would be a really good fit for a producer. #film #television #production

1

Farhan’s Answer

First, you will have to be in a city or state where a lot of film and television production work happens. New York, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Vancouver are just some of the cities in North America where a lot of productions take place. Given that you are in high school, I think the best route for you right now would be to look for an internship or assistance role within the industry. You could search on startmeup.com or indeed.com or even do a general Google search for these kinds of positions in your area. You might even consider an unpaid position as a way to break into the business if you are truly passionate about the industry. Another approach you could take is make contact with someone within the production industry on LinkedIn and see if they might give you 30 minutes of their time for an informational interview. It's a shot in the dark but if it pays off and you impress them with your drive and enthusiasm, it could end in an opportunity. If someone does offer you their time, make sure to go well prepared with lots of questions. Regardless, just know that the entertainment industry is highly competitive both in front of and behind the camera. So, be prepared to work very hard.

0