How To Make A Career In Cyber Security
How To Make A Career In Cyber Security . I Want To Go In The Field Of Cyber Security So What Should I Do After 12th. #cyber-security #information-technology #technology #career
Surya recommends the following next steps:
Hot topic in the industry and good place to be in, and if you are interested in this field its good for you. You have already taken a first step you need by building interest in it. The second step is how you can sustain your interest and grow it, and to do so you would need to keep your knowledge up to date on Cyber Security. Here are my small recommendations:
1. Read security articles on news, linkedin, etc. Listen CISO videos on you tube. Subscribe to good you tube Cyber Security channels to grow your knowledge and interest
2. After 12th, get yourself enrolled into some Cyber Security related engineering degree. You may have to work hard on both entrance and then passing out
3. Join Alison academy -yes its free online academy, it offers free courses on IT, Security, Cloud and many others. May be a good starting point to start building your profile
4. Check out Ethereal Hacking course, content and videos. May be of interest to you - this is quite popular course amongst Cyber community.
5. Cisco has various courses too, may be eye on Cisco CCIE Security. The youngest CCIE I know is 16yrs who followed his passion for networking and got this "big CCIE tag" with his name early days which many takes years and don't even dare. You could be the next one!
As a side advise, I'd also suggest look into Cloud Services and Cloud Security, they are in high demand now and by the time you will grow up they will be in more demand.
Best of Luck
Good luck to you in your future Cyber Security endeavors, Marcus Barrett
-get as much general knowledge of infosec (trends, education, organizations, certifications, priorities)
-try to get some level of formal education ( industry certification, University degree, online courses). Anything will do. Try to build your skills and also confidence in infosec.
-2 try to be active in community ( University, Organization, NGO).
That's a very promising field. Cyber criminality is the new type of criminality and is growing because online services market is growing. So we will always need cyber security to be on top.
I believe you need to orient yourself to computer science curriculum with courses that deal with cyber security. You will need mathematics, you will need some basics in computer science and network, and of course learning about current state of the art of cyber security.
Mickael recommends the following next steps: