What are the different types of job interviews out there?

5

Just want to know more about any possible interview methods that I may encounter in the future. #jobs #interviews #job-application

5

Katya’s Answer

0
Hi Kemi, there are behavioral types of interviews , phone interviews,panel interviews, group interviews, video interviews, competency interviews.

I would recommend that you do or listen on YouTube about the above types of interviews. Since, most companies conduct behavioral interviews-they want to see how you are able to execute proper behaviors to achieve the result. For example, if you are going for a retail job-and your role is in sales-there will be goals that yo must accomplished. The employer wants to know which behaviors will you execute to get 10 credit cards. The answer could be-I’m planning to spend time in the lobby or floor during the busy time in the store and introduce myself to at least 5 clients and understand how are they making purchases, cash credit card,ets. Then , I’m planning to follow up o my existing contacts and review clients profile and make at least 10 calls daily and schedule 3-4 appointments. This is what the behavioral interview looks like-of course other questions are asked.

Hope this helps.

0

Barry’s Answer

0

Hi Kemi,

as Daniela pointed out via the link provided, there are many types of interviewing techniques. We use behavioral interviewing + information gathering against the positions requirements. Furthermore, there are virtual interviews, team interviews and 1 on 1 interviews. I hope this helps.

Best of luck to you.

Thank you! Kemi L. Translate
0

Aime’s Answer

0
There are many types of interviews however, in my opinion a good rule of thumb is to prepare for the interview with three things in mind: what you did in previous work and concise examples, successes you had and again, prepare specific examples with results and lessons learned from any bad experience at work. At the end of the day, people want to hear what you did, how you grew in a positive way from good experiences as well as from bad experiences. You should be able to articulate that regardless of the type of interview or questions you get. Hope this helps!
0

Aime’s Answer

0
0

Daniela’s Answer

0

Hi Kemi,

In the link below, you´ll get some information about types of interviews, as well as, how to manage them. Take a look:

https://www.careerwise.mnscu.edu/jobs/interviewtypes.html

Thank you! Kemi L. Translate
0