How would I find people with the same interest?

How could I find someone who wants to be a musician just as much as I want to be?

music

5

Traci’s Answer

Hi Nicky! The first thing I would do is start going to music venues in and around your area to take in some local bands/local music. I'm not sure if you are a guitarist or a violinist for instance, but you would benefit from placing yourself in the music environment in either case. Before you know it you will start to see the same people appear at the venues you go to and you can strike up conversations with them. I saw on Reddit a post where someone said if you wear a shirt that says "I PLAY DRUMS," band members will come to you - I thought this was great advice! If you are looking to join a band, the internet or even flyers posted at venues will help you find one to join. Best of luck to you!
1

Pro’s Answer

Join a Facebook group for musicians!
1

Joseph’s Answer

You should go to near by cafe that let artists performance. And download app for nearby artists in your city, that let you meet up and work together....
0

Melisa’s Answer

Hi Nicky,

Great question and all great answers as well. By joining social media groups and visiting places musicians may be known to hang out, you can start to grow your network from there.

Volunteering is also a great way to find others with similar interests. I made some great connections with other musicians through the band at my church when I started volunteering to play keyboard for services. That led to some great experiences learning from other musicians of all different talent levels.

There are also non-profits that sometimes are looking for volunteers with musical experience to help with programs.

Best wishes for success in your educational, career and MUSIC goals!

Melisa recommends the following next steps:

Check out this organization in Detroit https://www.sphinxmusic.org/
This organization is in Chicago, but a great example of musicians with an interest in helping others. https://www.guitarsoverguns.org/mentors-chicago/
0