What are some good internships in aerospace engineering?

I'm about to apply to college, and I'm wondering what internships there are for aerospace engineer majors that are related to the field. #aerospace-engineering #internship

2

Francisco’s Answer

Hi Eden!

This is a great question. It is amazing you already thinking of internships before even starting college. Aerospace engineering is a very specific field, which makes it sometimes complicated to find a wide array of opportunities beyond the larger employers like Boeing, Delta, SpaceX, and NASA. What I would suggest is be a bit creative on how you approach internships. You might want to look into manufacturing engineering related roles or mechanical engineering opportunities that might not be aerospace, but that will give you key knowledge and understanding of systems, methods, and experience that translates into the aerospace industry.

If you are really hoping for aerospace specific work, I would suggest focusing on applying for roles within airlines who manufacture their own planes, defense contractors, NASA, and space exploration companies. There's also very likely your college offers aerospace research. Participating on research is a great way to gain experience without a summer internship, and an excellent way of building your resume and knowledge for applying for those internships.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Hi Francisco, Thank you so much for your response! I will definitely be looking out for any engineering related internships. Eden M.

1

Lynn’s Answer

Check with your local Civil Air Patrol!!

Hi Lynn, thanks for your response! Eden M.

0