5
Updated 326 views Translate

Magnetic Resonance Imaging techs what are 3 things you wish you knew before choosing this career?

I am looking into this career path for my future. I would like to know a little bit more from an MRI tech perspective that's actually in the career filed. I am also wondering where to start? or whats good MRI school. #career #tech #healthcare #medical #MagneticResonanceImagingTech #science #technologist #technicians #MRI

5

0

Conrad Reagan’s Answer

Hi,
I was impressed by how specific the career path you define for yourself is.
However, I want to think that either you've modelled out the you that you want to be, and not been fully open to the realities of field practice.
If you're not yet already on an undergraduate program, you should consider training in a more general field; particularly biomedical engineering, after which you'd advance to your specialty: MRI.
A biomedical engineer will be authorized in every right to handle technical failures, servicing and among other things; user trainings and preventive maintenance programs for MRI scanners, and a catalogue of all medical equipment.
This doesn't mean that if you're already a graduate in something else, you can't get yourself where you want to be, but most universities and tertiary institutions won't offer a program as specific to your interest as you might want.
Tentatively also, you can search for diplomas and certificates in MRI equipment handling and maintenance, take on such trainings, and passing them would mean a lot to your employer. What they'll be looking for is actually the knowledge (which is about 40% required for the job) and then they'll be willing to narture your skills (to pull upwards to the 80% mark) in this field.

Conrad Reagan recommends the following next steps:

Enroll for a course that will teach you/prepare you for this: what you want to be.
Learn as much as possible about what you want to do
Be willing to do everything to the best of your knowledge, when given the chance
Take the first step today, now if possible.
0
0

Jennifer’s Answer

I wish I knew how hectic it could get, especially if you are working in an outpatient facility- it is all about the numbers, so be prepared to move fast or fall behind schedule. I wish I would have taken more time to understand more of the physics behind the machine, it truly helps understand how to make better sequences. Lastly, ask for more money out the gate. Places will like to low ball you, but you can get more.
0