Is it common for employers to offer education to their employees?

Asked Collinsville, Illinois

I am curious because many of my friends, including my brother, have been offered a paid tuition to attend college. So, I wonder if when I get a job, is it likely that I will have an employer that will want me to continue my education. #higher-education #employer-relations #employee-training #employee-benefits

Updated San Antonio, Texas

Some do, some don't. It sort of depends on a lot of things, such as whether or not the classes will help you in your current position, or help you to advance to the next level, within the company. Many are not interested in helping you to better yourself so you can leave them and go elsewhere.

A lot depends on your field of work. Tech and science/medical are more likely to offer tuition assistance, as are schools and gov't employers. Some will require that you get certain grades, and will reimburse a percentage of the tuition based on the grades you get. Try to research company benefits on the website.

It's good to see that you are thinking about tuition assistance. School is expensive, and any help is welcome!

I thank you for your answer, and in response: I really do hope my employers will want me to forward my education to receive a promotion and hope I'll eventually get reimbursed for my good grades.

Shehram’s Answer

Updated Cary, North Carolina

Speaking from my current experience, Companies like to see employees who are interested in furthering their knowledge and expertise. Most of the top cpmpanies have tuition reimbursement progarams which help the employees in developing their careers further. As long as your job performance isnt affected or hindered. Be mindful of the class load and your work load, it can get stressful and hectic pretty quick. This is where your time management skills come in handy. So fear not, your future employer will be more than happy to discuss this one you position your interest in higher education.

All the best!

Thank you for your answer, and in response: I'll try to not become over-worked.

Jaime’s Answer

Updated Brownsville, Texas

Yes, the majority of the companies do offer tuition reimbursement, but most of them want something in return weathered it be more productivity, meet sales production, exceptional evaluations or a certain level of work expectations. You need to do your research on the company beforehand as many of the companies have certain criteria that you have to follow to qualify. For example;the student needs to pursue a business degree to be eligible for the tuition reimbursement program.

Nina’s Answer

Updated Detroit, Michigan

It depends on if the company offers tuition reimbursement. Usually it would be in the offer letter if they didn't briefly discuss with you what the company offers and sometimes you will see it in the job description at the end before applying for the job whether or not they offer benefits and discounts for going back to school.

I thank you for your answer, and to reply: I will definitely look into the job descriptions
No problem hope it helped.