what is the path career I need to go to start a welding business?

2
Pros
2
0

Robert’s Answer

Hi Juan,

My recommendation would be to first become a welder. Through school or on the job training. Always be a sponge and ask questions learn process and practice your skills as you learn. You can start small and grow a welding business. There many avenues on what kind of services you can offer in a welding business.
0

Jayavignesh’s Answer

I agree with Robert Garcia that getting welding experience, and a variety of it, is critical. Since owning a business means being good with money, studying some related finance material (e.g. budgeting, accounting, how loans work) will also be helpful. Check out the American Welding Society (AWS) to see what info they have. Having worked with welders in my line of work, I know it is a hard earned skill to be a good welder.

As an alternative, there are related engineering fields, such as mechanical engineering or metallurgy, that you could study in college that could help you setup a consulting style business after you worked for a while.
0