How do I know if CNA is the right career for me?
I want to know if cna is a good job for me is it a right career choice am i doing the right thing i care for people but am i capable of handling the job.
What should i do.
1. What do you like most about your role?
2. What do you like the least?
3. What special training/education is required for this role?
4. What was your career path like? What experiences were most relevant to your success thus far?
5. What are the opportunities beyond your current role?
6. Is this role/function within a stable industry? What changes do you see coming? Good or bad.
7. How prevalent are these roles and what type of industry/companies can you find them in? (Depending on the role)
I think the important thing to consider is that not everyone has the same passion. We all have different strengths and opportunities, so when you're asking questions about what someone does, it's good to ask what they like and don't like, what particular skills they use or don't use. It's as important to understand what a role is not, as much as it is to understand what it is or doesn't do. Making sure it aligns to what you're looking for.
^^ That's a LinkedIn Learning course on informational interviewing that should be helpful!
I was like Nicole (last answer down), who started out as a CNA before deciding to go to nursing school; however, you should consider looking into volunteering at a healthcare facility as a CNA that would determine your decision to become a paid CNA to save your and the hiring facility's time before a final decision is made; yes, many people prefer not to volunteer but it saves a lot of heartache in the future and add a robust of dedication to your resume; if volunteering is not an option for you and prefer more rapid information, research data on CNA expectations and responsibilities. Good luck with your decision to become a CNA. Here are a few videos on CNAs that you might like: https://cna.plus/cna-job-description/ (video on near bottom of page); https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnrUr6uPBqs ; and: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JDsRp665tA (life as a CNA). I hope that enough information was provided to you and good luck with your future job as a CNA
If you like working with people and want to help people, being a CNA might be for you. Try to meet someone who is already working as a CNA and ask them what they like about the job and what part is the hardest part of the job. Good luck!