What kind of classes did you have to take in college?

10

Im asking this to know what i should expect if i decide to pursue this career. #engineer #architect #social-worker

10

Jyothidhar’s Answer

2

I am assuming you want to start a career in computer science based on the tags thats been subscribed
1. Algorithms
2. Data Structures
3. Operating System
4. Math - Probability, Graph Theory, Discrete Math, Combinatorics
5. Object Oriented Programming
6. Networking
7. Software Architecture and Design
8. Database Management

Could you help me on how should i study for computer engineering Jyothindhar brother? Ram L.
2

Terry’s Answer

1

Assuming you want to pursue a software engineering career, there are several fundamental computer science classes that you could take to strengthen your skills and resume:

• Data Structures

• Algorithms

• Object Oriented Programming

• Concurrency

• Operating Systems

• Database Management

• Networking

1

Yamini’s Answer

0

Hi Judith,

I did my Engineering in Information Technology and some of the technical classes that I took were Operating Systems, Data Structures, Computer Networking, Assembly Languages, Web Designing, Theoretical computer science, Mobile Computing, Database Systems, Data warehousing. Along with technical subjects it also helps taking classes for communications and soft skills.

• Yamini

0

Kristen’s Answer

0

Hey Judith,

I studied Computer Networking and Information Security and specialized in Cyber Security. Some of the major related classes I took were: computer networking, computer and network security, digitial forensics, calculus, relational databases, web development, routers, information assurance, web security, web programming, Windows server, enterprise architecture, operating systems, computer theory, technical writing, and C++.

-Krissy

0

Ashley’s Answer

0

Social Work:

Intro to Social Work
Human Behavior in the Social Environment
Race and Diversity
Social Welfare Policy
Research Methods
Theory and Practice
Field Education

These are set by the CSWE and are expected to be in place for any accredited social work program. Your school will require additional classes.

Hope it helps.

0

Richie’s Answer

0

No matter what career you will pursue, it will always help if you can write well. This is especially important if you are going into a technical field - being able to explain things well in writing is important.

The other side of the coin is some basic knowledge of mathematics and the ability to apply it. Again, this will be knowledge that is useful in all careers.

0

Joel’s Answer

0

There are several different degree programs that can get you into software development - Computer Science, Electrical Engineering (what I studied), and Computer/Software Engineering are the most common. For the first two years of college, all three degrees typically require 4 semesters of math, 2 - 3 semesters of physics, and possibly a semester or two of chemistry. For the last two years, you'll need to take 4 - 5 courses per semester specific to the major (the first two answers above provide good examples of what you'd have to take for Computer Science), as well as a course or two per semester as electives.

0

Stephanie’s Answer

0

I specialize in Communications - sharing our company's story and promoting our games to media and our own employees.I have always loved to write and have been a fan of journalism since I was in grade school. In college I majored in Mass Communications and took classes on the news business, publicity, media ethics, marketing, history, psychology and political science. I also worked on our campus newspaper and interned at various Public Relations firms throughout college.

0

Mia’s Answer

0

HI Judith

What career are you trying to pursue?

0

Jack’s Answer

0

Yeah this is broad question and would depend on which career path you plan to take in the industry.

Personally I strongly suggest you do get a well rounded education, for example I did a B.S. major in Biology and also took action classes, and culture studies classes aboard (France)!

0