What type of doctor should I be?

I want to live in Canada and be a famous figure skater on Canada's Olympic team but I want to have a real career. my plans were either a pediatrician or an ob-gyn. What should I do? #health-care #career-details #medicine #doctor

6

Both of your specialty choices are great careers. Consider shadowing different physicians to help you decide. But whichever you choose now isn't immutable; you will have time during 3rd year of medical school to survey the different fields and make a final decision.

0

Hassan’s Answer

Take several of the courses below in High School to see if you're interested in the subject matter. If so, then research which Medical School you're most interested and their admission requirements so you can determine what Undergraduate Degree would be best.

Biology
English
General chemistry
Organic chemistry
Biochemistry
Psychology
Genetics
Physics
Calculus

During High School you'll also want to explore https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada.html to see how to emigrate to Canada and explore Canadian Universities and Medical Schools.

0

Eric’s Answer

Greetings Jazmyn.
First you need to concentrate on your basic education becoming a doctor is a great goal.
You may want to think on if you still want to go to Canada. They have different qualifications.
Have you thought of becoming a sports Dr.? Just a thought?
The fancy title Dr. takes extensive time and patients and good grades regardless.
If you get all A's then you can be any type of Dr. you want to be.

0

Belinda’s Answer

Hi Jazmyn.
Being a doctor and an Olympic skater both require full time dedication. You will need to decide which one you want first or is the most important goal and work toward it to see if it allows time for both of them. Putting too much on your plate at one time can cause you to burn out and give up on both goals. Each of these are wonderful goals to have. I think you will go far as long as you dedicate yourself to them. Good luck!

0