6

What is the "step:1" when becoming a pediatric nurse?

Hello, I'm a 10th grader in high school right now. My school offers a concurrent enrollment program where I can easily obtain my AA degree. Right now, I am taking 1 college course (US HISTORY) and AP Biology. Next year for my junior year, I'll be able to do more college courses. In my college readiness class, we are taking about careers and pathways to obtain those jobs.

6

0

Michele’s Answer

It’s great that you are taking dual credit classes in HS. This will help you when you go to college as many of the credits you get in HS will enable you to opt out of intro classes in your first few years of college. This of course all depends upon your school and where you apply to college. Many colleges now have dedicated nursing programs that you will get accepted into when you apply to school. It is a very competitive track but very rewarding. My daughter recently graduated from Penn State’s nursing program. She studied for the NCLEX exam and passed it this summer. It was a rigorous schedule but she learned so much and is currently working in the OB department of a large teaching hospital. Look for schools in your area that will accept your AP credits and then start to research which ones to apply. I would also suggest working part time in a pediatric office near your home, or volunteer at a hospital to gain exposure in departments that may interest you in the future. Work hard, stay focused, and best of luck to you!
0
0

vanshika’s Answer

The first step would be to research colleges that you are interested in. it is important to see which college fits your requirements and provides opportunities to help you succeed.
0
0

Cristelle’s Answer

It's good that your school offers dual enrollment. Like you mentioned you're going for an AA degree , if you're going for nursing you will need to take some science classes ( Anatomy and physiology, chemistry, Microbiology, nutrition, Math ) while you're taking these science courses you also need other course that can help you complete the 60 credits. After you'll have to take the Hesi entrance exam or Teas for the nursing, once you pass you can start with the nursing program.
Thank you comment icon I am really grateful you took the time to answer this question. Ashley
0