- focus on what is relevant on the job you are applying for.
- highlight relevant outcomes or accomplishments . Some people state what they do on the job - it is not impactful unless you state what you have accomplished in those examples. If you are starting out, this could be a relevant field of studies or project work or what you are passionate about achieving.
- ideally not more than 2 pages, lots of ready format that you can use from Microsoft Word/online to adapt from.
- spellchecked, grammatically correct, working links - it show how much you care about your work and the quality you deliver
- add links to your linkedin account ( if you dont have one, consider creating one - for professional profile)
- add a cover letter when sending resume - to increase the level of engagement and it also shows your interest to find out more on the role.
Last but not least, consider talking to people already in professions you are interested in, maybe they can give you great insights on what hiring managers look for in those roles . - Good luck !
All the best,