Culinary Arts career in a small town?

Updated Strasburg, Ohio

I come from a small town in Ohio which consists, mostly, of farms and forest. What types of jobs should I keep an eye out for when looking for a place to advance my career? #cooking #culinary #culinary-arts #culinary-management #small-business

Eula’s Answer

Updated Houston, Texas
Good news about food... People need it everyday. But its available everywhere. Your cooking must be more delicious than anyone else's How many people live in your town. if its less than 50.000 I would say you can have a pretty good business. Food is perishable, so buy what is needed every 4 days only. and have them delivered to you. Start practicing at home. You need to figure out sauces, temperatures and cooking methods You also need to learn cost factoring, menu design, and restaurant design. You must learn about beverages and you must decide how upscale or simple your restaurant would be. MacDonalds is a restaurant, Do you like the idea? or do you prefer fancier types of food and places? Hope this helps, start cooking, this is the best way to start.