I want to know what path/ classes to take in order for me to become a civil engineer or architect

5

I want to do something in construction( building things) as i was doing my research i was noticing architectural and civil engineering kept coming up, i need help PLEASE #civil-engineering #architecture #construction #construction-management #server-architecture

5

Jeff’s Answer

2

In high school, you will need to take lots of math classes (up to Calculus) and physics (preferably AP Physics). In college you would major in those majors and they would tell you what classes you need to take. If you like the actual building and being in the field, go for civil engineering. If you want to design things then go for architecture.

thank you so much, this was really helpful Brianna G. Translate
2

Eva’s Answer

1

Geometry, physical sciences, physics, etc are all relevant. I would also consider a shop class. Hands on skills should not be overlooked, even if you do not plan on actually physically doing it yourself in the future.

1

Sonja’s Answer

1

As a professional Architect, in college they have a set of courses according to your major that you must take and pass. In architecture, the courses range from site design, structural design, architectural design, model making to computer drafting among others.
I was pretty good in math and art in high school if you are too, that's a good Indication that you would like to pursue architecture. If you only like math and are good at it then I would recommend that you pursue civil engineering. Hope this helps, good luck!

Thanks for such info! Lokesh K. Translate
1