What is the best way to get involved on campus?

I want to get involved on campus but don't know how college student help on-campus extracurricular

3

Herman’s Answer

Hi Michaela,

There are many ways to be involved while in college. I personally joined a fraternity my second year, was part of a volunteering organization, and worked in several research laboratories. Many universities have people flyering and bulletin boards with activities. Look out for them and see what you like and go for it!

-Herman

1

Nicole’s Answer

Hi Michaela B. I see that you posted this question a little while ago so I hope my answer to you (or others who may read this response) is still helpful.

In general, I think you will find that it isn't very hard to get involved in campus activities. The volume of student groups will vary from school to school but the energy with which these student groups reach out to students, particularly first and second year students, is pretty high. Faculty, staff and student bodies look forward to bringing in new minds and ways of thinking and one of the ways of encouraging new students to stay and contribute to the school culture is through student groups.

As far as "the best way" here are three ways that I can think of 1)pay attention to flyers and on-campus advertisements during the first 14-30 days of school. 2)Look at what is posted in popular areas of campus like cafeterias and libraries. 3)When you feel comfortable, talk to other students and/or faculty about interesting groups that exist on campus or groups that are small and need a boost of energy :).

Best of luck to you!
0

Simeon’s Answer

There are usually campus living staff on college campus that help organize residential life and events. While they don't usually run on-campus organizations, they are very connected with student leadership and be able to point you in the direction of organizations that you'd be a good fit for. Also, if you're able to be on campus, keep an eye out for messenger boards and flyers.
0