When should I create my common application?

2

I’m a junior in high school and I refuse to wait until the last minute or even until when it’s time for everyone else to be prepared for school. I’m willing to put i. the work I just don’t know when to start.

#applications #college #college-admissions #common-app

Common app essay prompts usually come out early August before your senior year. My suggestion: write a personal essay EARLY ON (beginning of summer) and then find a prompt that matches once they come out. The prompts are varied, so it's easy to find one that fits your essay. Get all the other basic information in during the first month of summer so you don't have to worry about it last minute. Also, you can write supplemental essays (essays that are specific to certain colleges) early, but keep in mind that sometimes colleges change their supplement questions when the prompts officially come out on common app. HOWEVER, almost every college will ask you to write about why you want to go to that school in particular, so you can get those out of the way early too. Abby Lupi
2

Sharyn’s Answer

2

The common app essays questions usually come out in the Spring. You can start as soon as it is available. Great strategy to get the essay done over the summer prior to the start of Senior year!

Sharyn recommends the following next steps:

• Find out when the Common App will be released
2