If I take a Gap Year before college, is it better to apply & accept to a college but delay my start date?

If I take a Gap Year, I've heard that I can still apply to college and accept but tell them I'm going to delay my start once I'm accepted. Is this the best way to go.

#gap-year #college #college-prep #college-admissions

2

Keith’s Answer

Good question. I would recommend not taking time off before college if you can avoid it. Delaying the start to college opens up the risk of not ever going back, and potentially delaying your career depending on what you want to do. You can always adjust your major when you are in even if you take a reduced class schedule, it would be best to continue on.

0

Preeya’s Answer

This is definitely an option if you would like to go to college after taking a gap year! It takes a significant amount of stress off of you during your gap year if you already have a college acceptance. Definitely research the colleges you may be interested in to see if they have a gap year program or deferred acceptance.

0