Is it better to do a summer program or apply for an internship?

Hello, My name is Lexy, I am a junior in high school, and I want to go into the medical field. I want to do something this summer in order to get ready for college. I was debating whether to do a summer program or apply for an internship instead, I am searching for some opinions on which is better to do? #medicine #high-school #internship #summer #program

2

Jenn’s Answer

It really depends on the specifics of each one. An internship is not automatically better than a summer program, and vice versa. Here are some questions to consider:
-Which opportunity are you more excited about? Sometimes your gut feeling can be really powerful (and really right!).
-Which one makes more sense logistically? For example, does one cost money and the other doesn't, is one significantly closer to your house, etc.
-Which one relates more to what you want to do within the medical field?

Basically, you want to weigh the pros and cons of each program for you. You want to get the most out of this experience that you can. What are the top 3 things you want to do or learn or experience this summer, and which program do you think is best equipped to help you with those things?

1