What classes in highschool should I take in order to be a musical choreographer.

I would like to be a musical theatre choreographer for shows and performances. #theatre #musical-theatre #dance #choreography #performing-arts #high-school-classes

Miriam’s Answer

Hey there :D The classes you take in school should combine performance and dance for your hard skillset and something in the way of leadership for soft skills, like public speaking. Also, start teaching your peers and kids to perform now to get the skills you need to kill it when you graduate!

The important thing about becoming a choreographer is to be an excellent leader. I have had choreography directors who were amazing at performance but terrible at leading and vice versa. The ones who succeeded were amazing at leading and fantastic teachers, regardless of their actual performance skills.

So my advice to you is to start teaching choreographies to your peers/kids in your area and take performance classes and public speaking in school :) Good luck and all the best!

Miriam recommends the following next steps:

• Start teaching choreographies to your peers/kids in your area
  • Take performance classes and public speaking in school