Will school tuition be less in the future?

9

School has become a business here in the US. I have seen other countries and University tuition is not high. They want people to go to school and be educated. In addition, I have noticed the quality of teaching material is better as well as teaching methods. Is that going to get any better?#college #college-tuition #financial-aid #financial-planning

9

Sheila’s Answer

0

Hi Dulcce:

I'd like to provide you with some additional information. Here are highlights from College Board Annual Trend on College Pricing and Student Aid report (10/19/2018). . .

• Average published in-state tuition and fees in the public four-year sector increased by $250 (2.5 percent), from $9,980 in 2017-18 to $10,230 in 2018-19. Average total tuition and fee and room and board charges in 2018-19 are $21,370.
  • Average published in-district tuition and fees at public two-year colleges increased by $100 (2.8 percent) from $3,560 in 2017-18 to $3660 in 2018-19.
  • In the public two-year and private nonprofit four-year sectors, published prices are more than twice as high in 2018-19 as they were in 1988-89. The average in-state tuition and fee price in the public four-year sector is about three times as high in inflation-adjusted dollars as it was in 1988-89.
  • Overall, two-year colleges accounted for 43 percent of the public full-time equivalent undergraduate enrollment in 2016. In seven states, this share was 50 percent or more.

With the cost of tuition rising continuously, I recommend that you start searching for scholarships and grants early. For starters you could check with your Counselor. Also, remember to look in all places because you never know where financial aid funds may come from (ie, church, friends, family, donations, work, etc.) . I wish you much success on your journey.

~ Sheila

Sheila recommends the following next steps:

• Check with your Counselor for scholarships and grants information
  • Check with your parents to see if their company offer scholarships to high school graduates. If they do offer, apply for them. Make sure to get the paperwork in on time and be aware of the deadline
  • Review the College Board report - - https://www.higheredtoday.org/2018/10/19/college-board-releases-annual-trends-college-pricing-student-aid-reports/
  • Review CNBC.com article - - https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/29/how-much-college-tuition-has-increased-from-1988-to-2018.html
0

sandra’s Answer

0

Schools use the school tuition to take care of their buildings. I think that school tuition will be more in the future because with time the value of money decreases. So if you are a new student , I advise you to apply for scholarships and have a good GPA.

0

Nicole’s Answer

0

Hello Dulce,

This is a great question. Unfortunately trends continue to show that college tuition increase yearly. A recent study showed that tuition rised 5% annually over the last two years. Here is good report that is very informative on this topic:

https://trends.collegeboard.org/sites/default/files/2017-trends-in-college-pricing_0.pdf

0

Jacob’s Answer

0
Research indicates costs could be triple what they are now in the next ~20 years
0

Chantz’s Answer

0

No it's not going to get better.

0

Ash’s Answer

0

Tuition has been increasing by 3 to 7% each year and it will only get expensive each year. If you want to go to college you need to carefully chose your major, and the college you go to, and how you pay for college and how much student loans you take on. College will put you into debt but if done the right way it can add tremendously to your income.

Ash recommends the following next steps:

• Talk to me about this for free consultation. My number is 419-3782441.
0