Rohit S.

86

5

what are some good and safe jobs in business?

I want to be an accountant but I'm not sure if its right for me. What are some other jobs out there in business?

#safejobs #business

chat-bubble-icon1 answer

Hi Rohit,

Great question! There are many different careers in business. In general, careers in business, such as accounting, can be more stable than other professions. In addition to accounting, there are also careers in Finance, Human Resources, Marketing, Corporate Responsibility and many more. For example, if you were considering accounting and you like math, you could consider looking into an Actuary or Statistician job.

If you are considering accounting, it’s important to know that there are many different paths you can take! For example, I work at PwC which is a large accounting firm. At PwC, we have accountants who: audit financial statements, prepare tax returns, consult with our clients on business transactions and identify opportunity areas for tax benefits. Each day can be different, which is exciting!

I would recommend that you do some research into different business careers and see what sounds interesting to you. You could leverage PwC’s Access Your Potential Materials that are available to the public at the link below. Once you arrive at the website, select the “Career Survey” option and a zip file will open. Here you can take an evaluation (Handout A) to see which careers your personality aligns best with (Handout B).  

https://www.pwc.com/us/en/about-us/corporate-responsibility/access-your-potential/financial-literacy-curriculum.html?tags23725=%7B%22tags%22%3A%5B%5B%22pwc-us%3Aaccess-your-potential%2Ftopic%2Fincome-and-careers%22%5D%5D%7D

Once you have identified an area of interest, you may want to consider applying for an internship in that field. This will give you the opportunity to experience the career in real life and see if it is something you would want to do full time in the future.

Last updated Apr 18 at 13:27

Schools Add a school