Is double majoring your first time in college too stressful and worth it? Or should I wait until I know more about what I can do?

Asked Davenport, Washington

The job I want after graduation requires a criminology degree but by getting another degree, I could even go further into that field. Would it be worth it to double major or should I wait longer to see what I can do?
#double-major #cost #stress

Kole’s Answer

Updated Las Vegas, Nevada

Most of my friends who double majored completed two majors that complemented each other. For example, my best friend did biology and psychology. He eventually became a psychologist. Understanding the body helped him having a holistic point of view.

Kole recommends the following next steps:

• I would take a look at the majors you would be interested in and check your college's catalog to see if you are able to take all the classes required. This way you can take all the classes required starting in your first semester since it will be tough to fit in all the classes.

surbhi’s Answer

Updated Monroe Township, New Jersey

Hi Jade,

It really depends on a lot of factors, the subjects you choose to double major in. What kind of student you are overall with keeping up with grades and assignments? What is the purpose for double major? It can be stressful if you do not have answers to these questions.

Do you know for sure of your career choice?

Ask these questions, better you write the answers on a piece of paper to achieve clarity in your mind.