What do nurses in Canada do?

Updated Montreal, Quebec, Canada

I wasn't from Canada and I found that the nurses in my homeland do the completely different work from the nurses in Canada do. I feel that nurses in Canada are more like doctors in my homeland. But I am not so sure about what nurses in Canada do. Could anyone give my some example of nurses' daily work? (If you can compare with the doctors here, that would be great!)
Thank you!

#nurse #doctor #healthcare #hospital-and-healthcare #medicine #nursing

José’s Answer

Updated Caracas, Capital District, Venezuela

To talk about the daily work of a nurse, depends on location, education and level of responsibility. Canada's health-care system couldn't function without registered nurses (RNs). They interact with patients more than doctors and care for the whole person, including their physical, intellectual and social needs. RNs use high-tech equipment, perform complex procedures and lead and manage staff. RNs can further their education and be rewarded with even greater career opportunities. Nurses work in a variety of settings such as hospitals, nursing homes, rehabilitation centres, clinics, community agencies, research and policy centres, correctional services and businesses. Salaries of RNs, licensed practical nurses (LPNs) and registered psychiatric nurses (RPNs) range from about $40,000 to $80,000 depending on location, education and level of responsibility. Canada has an ongoing shortage of nurses, so it's a great time to enter the profession.

José recommends the following next steps:

• I leave a link with information from Canadian Nurses Association, to expand your documentation: https://www.cna-aiic.ca/en/nursing-practice/nursing-as-a-career/nursing-in-canada
  • And the Framework for the Practice of Registered Nurses in Canada: https://www.cna-aiic.ca/-/media/nurseone/files/en/rn_framework_practice_2007_e.pdf?la=en&hash=D91A23A238194FFBBC21D0F0497CF3C489552CE5
  • I hope the information provided will help you !!!