Should I study a double major in Music Performance and Business Administration?

1

I want to become a Property Manager but also I have been playing the clarinet for 9 years and I have filled a decent musical curriculum like playing with numerous ensembles, professional orchestras, youth advanced-orchestras, attending to summer camps to tutor and participate, etc.

My main concern is that these two mayors are in two unrelated fields, which means my time management and classes are going to be hard, at least that is what I have heard.
#music #music-performance #clarinet #bussiness #property-management #double-major

1

Elizabeth’s Answer

0

Hi Misael. Yes, doing a double major would be hard. But not impossible! Do you already know a property manager? Do you need a degree in order to be a property manager? Find out if a degree is even necessary first. Usually, it is best to focus on one thing at a time. It sounds like your love is for music. Maybe the business part is for financial security? I would imagine that managing a property is a full-time job. It would most likely take you away from your music. Music would only be a hobby if you were to go that route. My advice is to introduce yourself to a property manager, if you don't already know one, and learn all about it - what it really involves. Maybe this will help you make up your mind either way. Stick with your music. You won't regret it! Music brings you joy and purpose. Whatever you do, I wish you all the best!

Elizabeth recommends the following next steps:

• Talk with a property manager and ask a lot of questions to see what all if required for the job
  • Keep at your music!
  • Find out if you can do a major and a minor instead of two majors
0