What is it like to start your own school?

I'm in school to become a teacher, and I can see the current school culture becoming more and more stressful for students. Eventually I want to start my own school. Where are some good places to go to find out what I need to get a school started? #school #entrepreneurship #education-management #education

Start by looking into private schools, as these were started by individuals as a business. Charter schools are another form of public school, so if you are looking into starting a school as a business that charges tuition, private is the way to go—you can teach how/what you want; however, to get students, you must offer something to them they can’t get at their local school. You will want to decide if you want to run a school that stands behind a particular methodology or focus—Montessori, STEM/STEAM, gifted, etc. Get experience actually working in a school—various types if possible—to help you narrow your focus for your school. Theory is one thing, but actually teaching and garnering experience in the classroom will give you credibility when you start your own school. Lavaniya Jimenez

4

Beth’s Answer

Hi,

I couldn't tell you how to start your own school, maybe research with library, visit a local school like preschools, daycares, or other non-profit schools/private schools to ask questions. Also, maybe, google, wiki cyclopedias, parents, teachers, communities to find out how to start own school and why?

Some points to look into might be?

The budget in school, main point on what type of school, how to get marketing strategies, type of people to hire, community involvement, and management skills/place hours/location, etc.

0

Chermone’s Answer

Hi Sarah, I understand the difficulties public school teachers face. I am proud of you for wanting to continue in a tradition that is full of honor and integrity. While i do not have experience starting a school, I will say that you should contact local charter schools in your state. You are really going to have to do a lot of research, since there is a lot of push back against them. I also know that Florida is state that allows charter schools. You could try reaching out to them or in other states. Do understand that each state has its own set of rules for charter/private schools, but it can be done. Good luck!

0

Rakesh’s Answer

nothing like that you have real natural innate passion for teaching and schooling. This is the greatest work for upliftment of human kind.

This doesn't directly answer the student's question. What is it like to start a school and how would you they go about doing it? Gurpreet Lally

0

Charles’s Answer

Personally, I have never started a school, but I have been involved with the creation of a Childcare Center. I will offer this, as with starting any other business you will need as much support as possible. If you can meet liked minded people, sponsors, donors and local elected officials; it will bring you closer to reaching your goal.

0