What does an Occupational Therapist's average day look like?

Asked Somonauk, Illinois

I would like to confirm that every day is not going to be the same because I do not want to have career where every day is the exact same. I want each day to have it is own experiences.
#ot
#occupational-therapy

Corinne’s Answer

Updated Silver Spring, Maryland
Hi Faith, I like you, wanted my days to be full and for days to be different re clients etc. I have worked in hospitals, rehab, skilled nursing and schools for over 16 years and there are parts of the job that are the same , they are the foundational paperwork requirements that we have to complete . But each day is as different and creative as you want it to be. I see different students every day, so Mondays are the same set of students, Tuesdays the same set, etc, but each week I choose different themes, activities , and each hour is different because each child is different. I go from a 5 th grader to a 4 year old all within the same day, or morning....from play dough to executive functioning skills........OT will satisfy that need you have for yourself. Creativity and joy is up to you.
Corinne - Thank you for your answer. We need more advice like this, now more than ever! There are more than 1k unanswered questions on CV right now. Hoping you'll answer a few more this week!