No matter the position or the industry, be sure to "dress for success." There are many old standards that still stand true:
1) Dress for the job you ultimately want to land in the future (I.e. Director, VP or C level)
2) It's better to be over-dressed than under-dressed (right!?!)
3) You are representing yourself, your desire and dedication to the potential job, and maybe even career path. Show it off in your Sunday's best.
4) One of the first, most important glimpses they'll have into who you are: A GENUINE SMILE : )
5) Your posture speaks volumes...make sure to stand tall, and walk proud.
6) And, one more (out of many), when you shake their hand, make sure to look at them. Eye contact is truly an important part of human connection.
Good luck, and be well! Ffjorren