what kind of job would be good with kids

5
Hi Emily! I think you'll find some answers here: https://www.careervillage.org/questions/83343/i-love-kids-beside-a-teacher-what-jobs-are-out-there-for-me Abby Lupi
5

Nora’s Answer

1

Being a teacher is fun. If you really enjoy working with children, time flies through the day. It's not too had to get your foot in the door.It only takes about 12 units to get a job at a preschool. Also there are scholarships for teachers so you can continue our education.

1

Amanda’s Answer

0

Hi Emily!

I used to be Kindergarten through 8th grade art teacher but started out as a teaching assistant to grades Kindergarten through 5th grade. What got me into teaching was my passion for kids, too! I started out as a nanny which led to a career in teaching.

If you're passionate about working with kids, I'd recommend becoming a teacher. It is so rewarding and you have the chance to make an impact on children. Some things you could do are -

1. If you're still in school, check to see if there are classes you could take in education. That could give you an idea as to whether you'd like to pursue a career in teaching.
  2. Reach out to local schools in your area and find out if they have volunteer programs. Mention you're interested in a career that works with children and see if you could volunteer a few hours in the classroom.
  3. Identify the age groups you'd like to work with and research what the requirements are in your area to become a teacher. Enroll in a school that offers multiple subject teaching credentials or see if your current school offers this.
  4. Maybe there's a specific subject you'd like to teach. You can do research on how to go about obtaining a single subject teaching credential in your area. Oftentimes, programs can take between 1-2 years to complete.

Best of luck to you!

0

Jillian’s Answer

0
You could find a field you are interested in and then make the focus children.

If you like to teach - teach children rather than adults.

If you are interested in hair - learn to cut children's hair and dealing with kids when you cut their hair

You could be a pediatric therapist, doctor, etc

The sky is the limit! We need more people caring for our children!
0