How do I become a software engineer?

5
5

Daniel’s Answer

0

Primary way to do this is through a Computer Science degree at university (bachelor, master, etc). It'll require background in math, good foundation in thinking logically, and the ability to program.

0

Kyle’s Answer

0
There are a number of paths available to become a software engineer!

The most straightforward path to becoming a Software Engineer is to earn a degree in Software Engineering/Computer Science. Most major Colleges and Universities offer a degree in Software Engineering and companies are always looking for newly graduated students to come and work for them!

There are also a number of Coding Bootcamps available that are accelerated programs which teach you the basics of how to be a software engineer. Many of these also offer a guarantee job offer upon completing the program!

You can also learn on your own! I have worked with many great people who are self taught Software Engineers. Finding a job at first may be a little more difficult but once you are able to get your foot in the door and show what a great engineer you are then the sky is the limit.

For all paths it is important to be a life long learner. Always looking to improve yourself as a Software Engineer throughout your career!
0

Lev’s Answer

0

Apart from the traditional route via a computer science degree, you can:

• start learning to code now
  • share the projects you build
  • help people around you with software development needs: businesses, artists, non-profits, and many other kinds of organizations could use your skills
  • you now have experience writing software and applying it in the world and can be hired as a professional software engineer
0

Kevin’s Answer

0

There are actually ways to become a software engineer outside of the traditional process of getting a computer science degree --> work at a software engineering internship --> get a job after graduation.

In my case, I was a teacher before I became a software engineer. I was lucky enough to join an early-stage startup where I could teach myself how to code and learn on the job under a mentor. However, my case is usually pretty rare.

If you decide to become a software engineer after already having graduated or already working in a different field, a very popular option is to enroll in a coding "bootcamp" to get that foot in the door. A bootcamp is a very condensed crash course in the basics of software engineering to get you ready for an industry job.

0

Bhabani’s Answer

0

1)Earn a degree in computer science or a related field.Begin programming i.ePython, C,C++, Java

2)Study data structures and algorithms.

3)Seek an internship.

4)Find job opportunities.

0