Where can I find scholarships for Criminal Justice?
I've tried looking for scholarships for Criminal Justice, I've found about three, but all of them have either passed or I do not fit the requirements that the scholarship asks for.
#lawschool #scholarships #financial-aid #scholarship #law-enforcement
1. Your school likely has something like a scholarship general application, which makes you eligible for lots of internal scholarships either automatically or with only a small bit of additional work per scholarship. I would reach out to your school's Office of Financial Aid (or equivalent) and ask them about accessing such a generalized application.
2. Your particular department may also offer some scholarships (and even paid internship opportunities!). I would take a stroll around the halls that belong to your particular department/major, and check the bulletin boards for these sorts of opportunities. While the competition here may be fierce (you'll likely be competing against the strongest students in your particular major/department) the pool of applicants will be low. Even if you think you don't have shot, getting in the practice of applying will up your game and make your name familiar to the professors who are selecting winners in future years!
3. Do you have a parent or close family member who works in a company represented by a union or industry group? You may be eligible for a scholarship through them!
4. Depending on the state where you live, there may be state-level scholarships for which you are eligible. They may take a little digging to find, but worth a look!
5. Finally, if you exhaust all of these options, and you still want to check out some more, one can really put away some applications by using scholarship search engines. Fastweb.com, unigo.com/scholarships, collegemonk, and others compile huge lists of scholarships that you can try for. By building a profile, you can narrow the amount that you're digging through down to ones you're eligible for. Fastweb in particular has been a good source of scholarships dollars for me!
I hope all of this helps, let me know if you have any further questions!
Jake recommends the following next steps:
Best of luck in pursuing your legal career!