Being a sophomore in high school, what would be a good mindset to have when studying and having a time schedule?

As a sophomore in high school, I am hyper aware of the stress levels teens have to go through. It would be wonderful to know some time management organization ideas, study skills, stress management, being prepared for upcoming events in my junior year of high school, study apps, anything that could efficiently make the high school process feel less over scheduled! #high-school #high-school-students
I am planning on attending the Savannah College of Art and Design, which is becoming a highly competitive school. Hopefully some tactics will help this process feel less overwhelming.

5

Kelsey’s Answer

Hi Kathleen! Being in high school and stressing about college is definitely a hard thing to go through, but a good first step is just to take a step back and breathe. A lot of people are going through similar situations and it is reassuring to know that you are not alone. It may seem strange but a good way to staying organized that I have found is to be able to take time for yourself and to do the things your passionate about. If you spend all of your time focusing on studying and stressing yourself out, it will be harder to focus on being productive. Allow yourself as much time as you can a day, whether it be 20 minutes or 2 hours to do something relaxing for your mind and body, and then you will be more motivated and refreshed to get organized and cross things off your to do list. Some study tricks I have found helpful are rewriting important things down because you tend to remember things you have written vs typed. Keep a calendar and to do list that you check at least once a day to make sure you stay on track to getting things done in line with deadlines. Be proactive and get started on assignments ahead of time so that you give yourself more time to get them done, without feeling crammed. A good website I have used is Quizlet for flashcard use! Another app for stress relief is called headspace. I hope this helps!

0

Howard’s Answer

Transitions from high school to can be very scary and intimidating.. I think that any good habits that you can develop in high school will only make your transition that much easier for you. For starters being mindful of what good study habits you may have now...Think about how you spend and divide your study and free time now. Are you comet timing enough time to your studies? Are you feeling rested when you wake up in the mornings? Are you stressed or feeling overwhelmed by your classes?

Take time to evaluate how you are spending your time now and start to make little changes that help your state of mind while you are doing your school work and also while your relaxing-doing hobbies or things that you enjoy to do on your free time.

0

You should start the year planning to study every day. Attend your classes. Do the homework. When you find a class difficult, attend office hours early in the semester. If you continue to struggle, get a tutor.

0

Kei’s Answer

Hi Faith.

Working on school tasks can be overwhelming and stressful. One thing that I learned when I was in your situation was, I kept a list. I list down everything that I need to complete for school and put codes - High Prio, Med Prio and Low Priority. The high priority ones are the items that I need to finish right away and have due dates within 24-72 hours. The med ones have a week or more and the low ones can wait.

You can make your own calendar and put the tasks there. Do not forget to insert something there that will allow you to take a step back and do something that you enjoy - play an instrument, eat something you like, play games, cross stitch, go out with friends, anything that you love doing.

Hope this helps! Wishing you luck!

0