How much experience is needed in terms of managing a hedge fund?

Updated Boston, Massachusetts

As of lately I have been really interested into business in terms of a possible major. However I know nothing about what you could do with a business degree. I was thinking of being a hedge fund manager but I would like to know what steps do I take to position myself to have enough experience for this. #stocks #business #finance

Ann’s Answer

Hi Armani,

I have never managed hedge funds before, but when I have a student interested in a specific career, I usually recommend that they go to a job search site like indeed and search for jobs with that title. From there you can read the descriptions of the jobs to see what employers are looking for in candidates for that role. Hope this helps!

This professional recommends the following next steps:

• Here is the link to a hedge fund manager job posting. http://www.indeed.com/viewjob?from=appsharedroid&jk=754b41b99e831fce
  • Also search hedge fund manager on onetonline.org. This site will give you data on how much demand there is for the position, average pay, education and skills needed.