I am in the 11th grade, and I still dont have a clear vision of what I want to do in life, however I've always loved watch animators do their job, so I've become interested. Whats the best thing about being an animator?

Asked Kansas City, Missouri

As a child I grew wanting to learn how to draw, but never really got the chance, however at the start of my sophomore year this career started to become very interesting to me, so I would love to follow up more of this year, since I have learning how design characters.

#animator #art #design #graphic-design #cartoon #drawing

Mr. Ernst’s Answer

Updated Newark, New Jersey

Hi Daniela,

The best thing about animation is making children smile on a global level. 16-18 you are not automatically going to know what you want to do in life. I know parents and teachers in most situations tell you to focus on one thing or at least two but in the end what you are liking now you might not like at 25 years of age. Everything that will peak your interest deserves serious research so when the times comes and the patterns begin to make sense in YOUR life you will know what career you can build off your interests, knowledge, skills and experiences.