How/Where do you start if you want to get into a Biomedical field?

1

I want to look at research and or look into medicine. #biomedical-engineering #science #chemistry

1

Anne’s Answer

0

The "Biomedical field" has so many aspects that there is no one good answer to this question (IMO). My suggestion is to decide what areas of biomedicine are most interesting to you. What research do you find most fascinating? Are there topics that you get excited talking or reading about? I would search for those topics online and find scientists or engineers who are involved in that type of research. Are those individuals associated with universities? If so, visit their webpages and read their biographies and resumes. Find out what kind of education and training they have. If they are professors as well, look at their universities' websites to see if you could major in that field if you chose to go to that school. If you live nearby, you could even visit their labs if they allow student visits. Many professors are always happy to work with students who have the same research interests and career goals, so feel free to email them. If they have graduate students, you could email them as well and ask questions about their education. Good luck with your research!

0