what do you like least about network cable installation?

5
5

1

Inclement weather installations

1

Abhishek’s Answer

0
In earlier days, when we used to have cross-over cables and straight-through cables, the color coding was really frustrating.. But thanks to recent fiber technologies, these color coding and crimping of cables are history.....
0

Estelle’s Answer

0
Some installation projects are in awkward locations and physically demanding. Some involve heights and exposure to weather and the elements.
0

Eric’s Answer

0

I have done some indoor cable runs over drop ceilings or externally down walls and across floor boards, making the run is not that difficult. Ceiling runs can be tricky if you are by yourself, just because you need to throw the bundle then move the ladder, rinse, repeat.

what I like the least....often its termination. How annoying is it to get all your colors in line, crimp the jack, then the run fails a connectivity test. Likely one wire is not pushed to the end, maybe you had your colors mix up once you put the jack on, oh how I love those and quite happy my current job does not require hands on anymore!

learn how to install to terminate the ends with RJ-45s in your sleep, practice until your finger tips are sore. It will save you aggregation if you are having to perform this activity frequently.

good luck!

0

Chethan’s Answer

0

The days when i used to do network cable installation, i used to hate the pain i used to go through crimping, racking & stacking switches.

0